When it comes to glamcadet, I try hard to keep it real with y’all. Between my no-make up shots, goofy candids that I select over the posed photos, or just an honest product review, I try to keep the smoke and mirrors out of it. I’m a really outgoing, straightforward, and low drama person, and I’d like my blog to continue to reflect that. One of my awesome blogger friends (@life0flexi) recently asked me to write ten things about myself, and I thought this would be an appropriate place to do so. To know me is to love me, right?
1. My love for McDonalds seems to know no bounds. I probably say that a lot, but noting my love for food is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of me.
2. I have a pun problem. I spend a seriously large amount of brain energy just randomly generating puns and unnecessary jokes in my head to myself. I often wonder just what else I could accomplish if I could somehow shut that feature off, and it also brings me to my next point..
3. I have a very terrible memory, and blogging actually helps me remember my own life. If I wasn’t blogging, I think I’d forget half the things I’ve done already.
4. I really dislike random princess or romance movies with thin plots that end up with a girl needing a dude. I think that probably says something about me as a person, but in reality it means I haven’t seen things like The Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast and I’m a social girl outcast.
5. I learn something new every year. Two times this has slightly backfired on me. Once, I was in college and my roommates had started getting me into the TV show Glee. I decided I would start getting professional singing lessons and I auditioned for our school chorus. I made it, and additionally got enrolled in a singing and performance class as well. There I ended up singing and getting critiqued on solos by crazy talented music majors on a weekly basis. I was the worst in the class by far, and then had to listen to them all try to nicely tell me that every week. The following year I decided to learn gymnastics. Enter the only time I have ever felt large. I ended up in a high-powered, foam-filled gymnastics studio, surrounded by little kids watching me fall on my head, all while giving me tips and generally showing me up.
6. Prior to this year of my life, I’ve never been able to watch a full series or generally stay hip to the coolness on what shows are airing or popular. I started watching, and have almost finished the HBO series The Leftovers, and I’m proud to report will be finishing it some time this week. Sure, the series was only a few seasons long, but it’s going in the record books as a completed current series that I actually enjoyed and even binge-watched on several occasions.
7. Outside of my Leftovers excursion, the only TV shows I’ve watched in their entirety have been Friends and South Park. I’ve heard that science suggest watching reruns with our favorite characters makes the brain relaxed, a lot like the company of an old friend, and I would definitely agree.
8. I’ve been counting down the days in my life until football returns to the world. I could write endlessly on all things football, and when the NFL goes into the off season, I wish I could go into an off season. I love watching as many games as I can, and I rarely miss a game. Sports continues to be the only viable reality TV option I can officially recognize and obsess over. (GO COWBOYS!)
9. Politics and religion. Yeah, I love make up, hair, or a good pun, but talk to me about politics and religion and then we’ll be going somewhere. I think it’s crazy that people put off these topics as socially unacceptable, and it says more about people being close-minded and stubborn than anything. In fact, I’ve never had a serious relationship with anyone with the same political and religious beliefs as me, but the discussions around how it shapes our world and personal values were always a benefit not a downfall. I think healthy conversations where you can see other points of view are vital for growth and change in society, as well as in ourselves.
10. My blonde dreams have been realized this year. Just thought I’d end this list on a lighter note (haha get it). Not a lot to say here except I’m blonde, I like it, and I’m currently in pursuits of having more fun!
Thanks for reading, for joining in, and for following for one whole year!